Read UndeletePlus FAQs or submit a support ticket if you're experiencing any problems using the app.
TouchStoneSoftware provides customers with the best technical help possible. If you require assistance, we will be glad to help you out in any way we can. To help us answer your questions in the most efficient way, please read the FAQs and the User Manual and if you still require assistance, submit a support ticket.
If a License Key fails, an error code will appear in parentheses next to the failure message.
The error codes and their meanings are:
- 0x800000AC - This code means that the License Name is entered incorrectly. Please verify that everything is spelled correctly.
- 0x80000AE - This code means that you are using the License Key on the wrong product. For example, you have been issued a key for FileRestorePlus™, but you are entering the key in the UndeletePlus program.
- 0x800000C1 - This code means that there are incorrect characters entered in the License Key field. Please verify that this information has been entered correctly.
- 0x800000C7 - This means the length of the License Key is invalid. The License Key must be 23 characters long including the hyphens between each set of characters.
- 0x800000D0 & 0x800000D1 - These codes mean that the date and time on your system may be set incorrectly. Verify that the date and time on your system are correct.
- 0x800000AF means "Act ivation server unavailable". This might be caused by several reasons, the most common are:
- Missing internet connection : Please confirm you have Internet access when activating.
- Firewall software : If possible, disable the firewall temporarily.
- Activation server temporarily down : This might have been on our end. Please retry to activate at your convenience.
If you still have trouble entering your license information, please open a Support Ticket here and include the error message displayed in parentheses within the body of the ticket.
If the files recovered by UndeletePlus appear to be corrupt or aren't useable, this may be an indication that the files have been partially overwritten prior to recovery. That being said, corrupt files can also be caused by fragmentation of the original file. Please scan your drive again using UndeletePlus' SmartScan Technology. The SmartScan Technology was specially designed to seek out the fragmented parts of deleted files, piece them back together, and systematically rebuild these files during the recovery process.
Note: To keep the SmartScan as short as possible, select only the file types you are trying to recover on the settings screen.
Yes. If the default scan did not locate your deleted files we recommend that you utilize one of UndeletePlus' Advanced Scan Technologies, the SmartScan or the DeepScan.
Not sure what Scan Technology or scan settings to use? Let the UndeletePlus Wizard help you decide.
Just click on the Wizard button at the top of UndeletePlus and answer a few simple questions and the UndeletePlus Wizard will select the optimal scan settings based upon your answers.
If you are using the scan filter, be sure you are using the correct filter settings.
Please ensure that you have also selected the proper drive(s) from the "Drives" pane.
Your License Key is provided to you in 2 ways.
- On your order confirmation page, the license key is provided to you. You can print this page for your records.
- The license information is also emailed to you immediately upon completion of your order.
If you have not received this information, please check your SPAM or Junk Mail folder. If you still do not have it, please Send an e-mail to the Technical Support staff.
If you read your email through a web browser your email is never physically stored on your computer. For this reason there will not be any deleted email files for UndeletePlus to recover.
If you aren't sure what scan settings to use, UndeletePlus can help you determine the best scan settings to use to optimize your file recovery. Just click the Wizard button at the top of UndeletePlus and answer a few simple questions and the UndeletePlus Wizard will select the optimal scan settings based upon your answers.
Yes, as we mentioned at the end of the previous FAQ, it is still possible to recover some or all of the original data from the files recovered by UndeletePlus. Please read through the following steps to see what you can do.
- First check to make sure the file or files recovered were restored with a file extension and that the extension is appropriate for the file type you were attempting to recover. By default, Windows hides file extensions of known file types. Note: You may need to disable this option to show all file extensions.
- In some very rare cases some files can be partially overwritten in such a way that the file extension is lost, or that the file recovered takes on the extension of the file that has partially overwritten it. In these cases Windows may attempt to open the file with the wrong program, or the program may attempt to interpret/display the file as a different file type or format. If either of these happen the file may appear corrupt or overwritten. If the file extension is missing or incorrect add or change the extension. Next try opening the file again. Does the file now display correctly?
- If not, more than just the file extension may have been lost or overwritten.
In order for a camera to show up in UndeletePlus, it must be recognized as a storage device and must be assigned a drive letter. This means that the camera must be "mounted" as a drive. When you plug the camera into the computer, you may see a message on the camera asking you if you want to "turn on storage." You can say yes. This will effectively make the camera a storage device and should assign a drive letter to the camera. Alternatively, if your computer has a card reader, you can remove the memory card from your camera and place it into the card reader.
Your card reader should look similar to this:
Recovery to the same drive may overwrite the very segments of the drive that you are trying to recover your files from. If that happens, or if recovery fails, you will not have a second chance to recover those files.
The most important thing is to prevent the deleted file from being overwritten by another file. To do so, avoid any use of the drive in which the file was erased until the file is recovered. Also, remember that UndeletePlus should not be installed to this drive. Install it to a USB flash drive if no other drive is available.
Yes, defragment your drive and check it for errors on a regular basis. Note: If you have accidentally deleted a file or files, DO NOT defragment your drive until after you have recovered your files.
Click here to learn what you can do to maximize recovery if your file or files have already been deleted.
UndeletePlus does not support file recovery from CD or DVD. You w ill need to search the Internet for CD or DVD recovery software.